District 58 administers a variety of community surveys each year. The District’s administrators, principals and school improvement teams use the results to help guide improvements to both the District and individual schools.
Spring 2019 1:1 Learning Survey Results:
District 58 sought parent, student and staff feedback regarding its 1:1 Learning Program, which provides students in grades 1-6 with an iPad and students in grades 7-8 with a Chromebook.
- View the Spring 2019 1:1 Learning Program parent survey results.
- View the Spring 2019 1:1 Learning Program grade 1-2 student survey results.
- View the Spring 2019 1:1 Learning Program grade 3-8 student survey results.
- View the Spring 2019 1:1 Learning Program faculty survey results.
Winter 2019 Parent Partnership Survey Results:
- View Winter 2019 Parent Partnerships Survey raw results.
- View survey result highlights in this February Board meeting presentation.
2018-19 School Environment Survey Results:
District 58 invited parents to take the School Environment Survey in November and December 2018. District 58 administrators, principals and school leadership teams use survey results to guide district and school improvement efforts. This report includes both aggregate quantitative data as well as open-ended responses.
In February 2019, the District presented the School Environment Survey results to the Board of Education.
- View the School Environment Survey presentation.
- 2018-19 – School Environment Survey Results – Parents – English
- 2018-19 – School Environment Survey Results – Parents – Spanish
District 58 also invited parents, students (grades 4-8) and teachers to take the State’s 5Essentials survey in winter 2018-19. 5Essentials survey results will be available in the spring/summer and included in the 2019 Illinois Report Card for each District 58 school. District 58 will publish 5Essentials survey results when available.
2017-18 Survey Results:
- 2017-18 – School Environment Survey Results – Parents – English
- 2017-18 – School Environment Survey Results – Parents – Spanish
- 2017-18 5Essentials Survey Results (select your individual school)
The District’s 2011 Strategic Plan identified student well-being and social-emotional learning as a priority. To that end, the District 58 School Environment Survey polls parents on the District’s progress in this area. At first glance, the 2017-18 parent survey revealed:
- 94 percent* said their child feels his/her teacher really cares about him/her. (93 percent in 2016)
- 95 percent believe their school is a supportive and inviting place for students. (94 percent in 2016)
- 93 percent believe they have sufficient opportunities to communicate with their child’s teachers. (93 percent in 2016)
- 89 percent believe their child is getting a quality education. (91 percent in 2016)
- 95 percent said that adults at this school believe that their child can be a success (94 percent in 2016)
- 91 percent said that their child’s school focuses on teaching the whole child, including social and emotional skills (92 percent in 2016)
* Based on parents who answered “Always” or “Usually” to survey questions
2016-17 Survey Results:
Please view the results of District 58’s surveys below. The District administered these surveys in November and December 2016.
- 2016-17 – School Environment Survey – Parents – English
- 2016-17 School Environment Survey – Parents – Spanish
- 2016-17 – School Environment Survey – Students in grades 3-5
- 2016-17 – 5Essentials Survey – Students in grades 6-8 and all teachers (type in individual school names in search bar)
2015-16 Survey Results:
District and school teams are using these survey results in their ongoing district and school improvement planning efforts for the upcoming school year.
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Parents – English
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Parents – Spanish
District 58 administered its annual School Environment Survey of students in grades 3-8 during April 2016.
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Students in grades 3-6
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Students in grade 7-8
- 2015-16 District Reporting Systems Survey – English
- 2015-16 District Reporting Systems Survey – Spanish
- Board of Education Spotlight on Community Surveys – September 2015
- 2014-15 School Environment Survey (Grades 3-5)
- 2014-15 School Environment Survey (Parents)
- 2014-15 School Environment Survey (Parents – Spanish)
- 2014-15 5Essentials Survey (Grades 6-8 and Staff) 5Essentials survey results are reported by school only, not by district. Click this link, select a school, and then click on “School Environment” to view results.