Mission Statement: The mission of District 58, in partnership with parents and community, is to challenge and engage each child by providing quality educational programs and support services in a safe, nurturing, and child-centered environment in order to prepare all students to be lifelong learners and contributing members of a global society.
- We Envision a school district that inspires children, sparks creative and innovative thinking, celebrates diversity, and builds visionaries.
- We Seek an education that excites minds, touches spirits, challenges abilities, and prepares our children for life.
- We Believe every child should be expected to grow, stretch, evolve and embrace the challenges of the future in a global environment.
- Each student is capable of learning and deserves to be educated and challenged to reach his/her highest potential.
- Education is the foundation for success, both in academic achievement and social emotional development.
- Within each child, we will cultivate the social awareness, self-management, and responsible decision-making skills necessary to be a contributing member of society.
- Educators, students, families, and community members should work together to support the healthy development of all students.
- The school environment should be stimulating and engaging, with opportunities for creative, collaborative, and meaningful learning experiences.
- The school environment should be safe, friendly, and nurturing, where everyone comes to learn, grow, and develop.