Downers Grove District 58 is now accepting applications for:
*Substitute Teachers *Instructional Assistants *Nurses *Clerical
For specific substitute job hours, please login to Absence Management (formerly AESOP) and view job details.
Approximate Substitute hours:
Full day: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Half Day: 8-11:55 a.m. or 11:56 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
Becoming a Certified Substitute
Downers Grove District 58 requires all substitute candidates to complete the following:
- Complete an Online application through Applicant Tracking Link to Apply Online
- Click on the links below, so you can print and complete all the required paperwork.
- Federal W-4 and IL W-4
- Direct Deposit Form
- Mandated Reporter 3-page form
- Physical/TB form
- TRS and Social Security forms
- I-9 form
- District Policies 4007 & 5136
- Emergency Contact Information
- Fingerprinting/Background Check at the DuPage ROE:
- A Copy of Driver’s License and Social Security Card
- A Copy of your official transcripts showing degree awarded
- A Copy of your teaching license or substitute license
Return all required paperwork to the Administration Service Center at 1860 63rd Street Downers Grove 60516. Please call the ASC at 630-719-5800 with any questions. Paperwork dropoff hours are Monday-Friday 8-11 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m.
For specific information about a substitute teaching license, contact the DuPage County Regional Office of Education at 630.407.5800 or DuPage ROE Licensure Information
Substitute Pay Rate Information:
- Substitute Teachers/Nurses
Full day rate $115.00
Half day rate $57.50
- Long-term Assignments (Certified)
Long-term assignments are over 30 consecutive days for the same teacher:
18/19 school year daily rate $251.62*
*Equivalent to Bachelor Degree Step 1 on Teacher’s Salary Schedule
- Substitute Instructional Assistants
Full day rate $80.00
Half day rate $40.00
- Substitute Clerical
Hourly rate $12.00
- Substitute Custodian
Hourly rate $13.85
- Paychecks reflect a two-week delay between days worked and payment. If there are any problems and discrepancies, call Accounts Payable at 630-719-5854.
- Payroll Dates 19-20
- iVisions Web Portal Self Registration – after you have received your first paycheck, use this to register on our Web Portal, this gives access to Paycheck information and Emergency Contact sign up.
- Absence Management (Aesop) QuickStart Guide
- For more information and training videos, please log into your Absence Management Profile and click on Frontline Support.