Welcome to the District 58 Special Services Department!
The Special Services Department provides special education services, as well as preschool screenings and the gold-rated Grove Children’s Preschool program. The department also offers support services for preschool children who may be at-risk for future academic difficulties due to cultural and/or socio-economic factors. Special Services’ goal is to help all children to achieve academically, develop socially and emotionally, and become independent, life-long learners.
- Review the Special Services Department’s programs and services.
- Learn official eligibility categories for Special Services.
- View frequently asked questions about Special Services.
- View helpful Special Services links.
- Learn about Building Bridges, the parent/teacher group for families of children with special needs.
- Visit our partner, SASED’s, website.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us by email or phone.
Doris Chlapecka, administrative assistant, 630-719-5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org (preschool screening scheduling)
Jackelyn Cadard, preschool coordinator, 630-968-0454 or email@example.com (preschool questions)