The Downers Grove Grade School District 58 Board of Education approved the 2019-2020 school calendar during a business meeting March 11, 2019. The 2019-20 calendar includes a 2 p.m. early dismissal for students in grades K-8 on Mondays to provide teachers with 1.5 hours of weekly professional development time.
In the coming weeks, we will publish a series of FAQ sheets that will provide more information regarding District 58’s new professional learning model. Please read on to learn more!
- Topic 1: About District 58’s new professional learning model
- Topic 2: How will District 58’s new professional learning model affect the student schedule?
- Professional Learning Plan for 2019-20 presentation from the Feb. 25, 2019 Board Curriculum Workshop
- Professional Learning Model in District 58 presentation from the Feb. 11, 2019 Regular Board Meeting
- Professional Learning in District 58 presentation from the Nov. 12, 2018 Regular Board Meeting