As described within the 2018-22 Strategic Plan, District 58 is developing a focused and long-term master facility plan that ensures safe, modernized and effective learning environments for all students. The plan will also consider: safety/security; air conditioning; sixth-through-eighth grade middle schools; class size/enrollment projections; and District facility use. View the below resources to learn more about facility planning in District 58.
- August 2019 Draft Master Facility Plan guiding document
- 2017-18 Facilities at a Glance booklet
- 2012 District 58 Comprehensive Facility Assessment Report
- 2016 Demographer Report
During their regular Oct. 16 Board meeting, the District 58 Board of Education approved Paul Hanley from Beyond Your Base to provide facility planning community engagement services.
What’s new? 2018-19 updates
- October 2019 Board Update:
- The Board held a special meeting Oct. 7 to interview two facility planning consultants and discuss their options. Learn more.
- During their Oct. 16 meeting, the Board approved Paul Hanley from Beyond Your Base to provide facility planning community engagement services.
- September 2019 Board Update: Shortly after District 58’s recommendation of Paul Hanley, Hanley’s employer, George K. Baum & Company, was sold to a different company. Hanley was offered a position with the new company; however he opted not to accept this offer. Instead, Hanley decided to start a new consulting group, which will be a subsidiary of Wight & Company, the current architect of record for District 58. The Board discussed this update and, to be fully transparent with the public, opted to continue its facility planning community engagement conversation during a special October Board meeting. They also requested the opportunity to interview two facility planning consultants. Learn more.
- August 2019 Board Update: The Board received a facility planning update and approved a motion to develop a contract with third party consultant, Paul Hanley, to provide facility planning community engagement services.
- July 2019 Board Update:
- Board presentation: Draft Master Facility Plan development and initial cost estimates
- Board Briefs
- Supplemental presentation: elementary initial cost estimates
- May 2019 Community Engagement
- Presentation: Two community and one staff session offered
- May 2019 Board Update:
- Spring 2019 Budget Workshop
- Presentation: Capital upgrades referenced in slide 13
- February 2019 Board Update: overview, progress, Facility Assessment Study
- Board presentation: overview, progress, Facility Assessment Study
- Detailed update – includes Facility Assessment Study results
- Board Briefs
- Winter 2019 Community Engagement
- Community Facility Planning Visioning Session presentation – Formal presentation given during the Jan. 23 and Feb. 5 meetings.
- Community Facility Planning Visioning Session video – Video from the presentation portion of the community visioning meetings.
- District 58 Community Facility Planning Visioning Session invitation – Sessions are taking place Jan. 23 and Feb. 5
- District 58 Staff Facility Planning Visioning Session invitation – Sessions took place throughout December 2018 and January 2019
- Fall 2019 Financial Workshop
Strategic planning and facilities
- Goal 3: Strategic Plan Dashboard with Progress Updates
- Goal 3: Securing the Future Action Steps (PDF)
- Goal 3: Securing the Future Detailed Notes (PDF)
- 2018-22 Vision 58 Strategic Plan Report
- 2018-22 Vision 58 Strategic Plan Report – Quantitative Data
Facility Planning Council
As charged by the Strategic Plan, the District formed a Facility Planning Council to pursue work associated with Strategic Goal 3: Securing the Future. Here are resources related to this group’s work.
- Facility Planning Council – Group Description, Meeting Presentations, Meeting Dates/Agendas, Membership
- 2016 Demographer Report – November 2016 Board Meeting
- Enrollment Presentation – October 2018 Board Meeting
- 2018-19 Enrollment – Actual vs. Forecast – October 2018 Board Meeting
- 2018-19 Enrollment Report – September 2018 Board Meeting
- Highland Enrollment Considerations – Memo from December 2017 Board Meeting
- Enrollment Presentation – November 2017 Board Meeting
- Enrollment Presentation – October 2017 Board Meeting
- 2017-18 Enrollment Report – September 2017 Board Meeting
- 2016-17 Enrollment Report – September 2016 Board Meeting
- 2015-16 Enrollment Report – September 2015 Board Meeting
- 2014-15 Enrollment Presentation – September 2014 Board Meeting
Older Board facility presentations
- Spring 2018 Budget/Facilities Presentation – April 2018 Board Budget Workshop (see slide 19 for facilities section)
- Fall 2017 Financial Workshop Presentation – November 2017 Financial Workshop (slide 20 specifically addresses facilities)
- Village Facility Planning Partnership – May 2017 Board Meeting (see Superintendent’s Report)
- Spring 2017 Budget/Facilities Presentation – April 2017 Board Budget Workshop (see slide 21 for facilities section)
- February 2017 Facilities Presentation – February 2017 Board Meeting
- January 2017 Facilities Discussion – January 2017 Board Meeting (scroll to “Facilities Discussion” section)
- Fall 2016 Financial Workshop Presentation – November 2016 Board Financial Workshop (facility considerations in slides 15-18)
- Facility Improvements Presentation – June 2015 Board Meeting
- Facility Needs Presentation – January 2015 Board Meeting
- Summer Project Preview – June 2014 Board Meeting
- Summer Construction Video – Summer 2013
- Summer Construction – September 2012 Board Meeting
Ten-Year life safety survey
- Longfellow Center Discussion – July 2018 Board Meeting
- Longfellow Current Functions – July 2018 Board Meeting
- Long-Term Facility Needs at Longfellow and the ASC – August 2014 Board Financial Workshop
Lester School celebrated its three-classroom addition in August 2018. View this page to learn more about the Lester project, including links to relevant Lester School construction project resources.