District 58 schools are closed Monday, March 16-Thursday, April 30, with a tentative re-open date of Friday, May 1. However, this closure may extend longer, depending on how the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. We will continue to consult with the Office of Governor J.B. Pritzker and local health officials to evaluate whether the school closure should be extended.
District 58 provided emergency e-learning activities to students during the weeks of March 16 and March 23. District 58 used guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education, Office of the Governor and District 58 families (via last week’s family survey on e-learning) to develop a revised Remote Learning Plan, which will take effect after spring break.
Please view District 58’s Remote Learning Plan.
Please view District 58’s Remote Learning Calendar.
- Wednesday, April 1, 12:45 p.m. District message – District 58 Remote Learning Plan
- Wednesday, April 1, 12 p.m. District message – OKEEP and Preschool Fee Update
- Tuesday, March 31, 3 p.m. District message – District 58 school closures extended through April 30
- Friday, March 27, 12 p.m. District message – Superintendent’s Spring Break message
- Thursday, March 26, 1:30 p.m. District 58/Community joint message – Stay-at-home order enforcement at Downers Grove parks and facilities
- Tuesday, March 24, 10:15 a.m. District 58/99 message – Confirmed COVID-19 case
- Saturday, March 21, 3:30 p.m. District message – Update: New lunch pickup and delivery procedures to begin Thursday
- Friday, March 20 , 4 p.m. District message – Update: District 58 schools closed through at least April 7
- Thursday, March 19, 11 a.m. District message – E-learning update: Please read
- Tuesday, March 17, 8 a.m. District Message – Daily Attendance Email (message will be sent every e-learning day)
- Monday, March 16, 2 p.m. District Message – District 58 e-learning information for families
- Monday, March 16 12 p.m. District Message – District 58 will provide weekday lunches for children
- Saturday, March 14, 11:30 a.m. District Message – Social distancing recommendations
- Friday, March 12 District Message – District 58 schools closed March 16-April 3; new schedule implemented
- Thursday, March 12, 2:30 p.m. District Message – District 58 provides updated COVID-19 mitigation efforts
- Thursday, March 12, 12:30 p.m. District Message – Several District 58 activities canceled today
- Thursday, March 12, 10 a.m. District Message – No confirmed COVID-19 cases at District 58
- Tuesday, March 10 District Message – District 58 updates community on COVID-19
- Monday, March 2 District Message – Coronavirus information for District 58
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- DuPage County Health Department
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – COVID-19 Resources
- District 58 – How to Talk to Your Child About COVID-19
- Hable con sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Un recurso para padres