This post references the spring meal pickup program. Beginning June 2, please refer to Wood-Grove’s Summer Meal Pickup Schedule.
A joint message from Community High School District 99, Downers Grove Grade School District 58 and Woodridge School District 68
Community High School District 99, Downers Grove Grade School District 58 and Woodridge School District 68 are partnering together to create the Wood-Grove Feeding Our Future Cooperative, a new collaborative community effort to ensure all children ages 0-18 in our communities can receive a breakfast and lunch six days per week. These three school districts partnered with their food service vendors–Aramark, Open Kitchens and Chartwells–and their transportation provider–First Student–to launch this initiative.
Beginning Tuesday, April 14, Districts 58, 68 and 99 will provide all children ages 0-18, who reside within the community, the option to pick up free breakfasts and free lunches at a variety of locations.
Meal pickup will take place on Tuesdays and Fridays via the following schedule:
- Tuesdays: Children can pick up three breakfasts and three lunches, including milk.
- Fridays: Children can pick up three breakfasts and three lunches, including milk.
Note for District 58 families: In support of the Wood-Grove Feeding Our Future Cooperative, District 58 will suspend its direct-door meal delivery and encourages families to pick up meals at the location most convenient for them.
These meals are in accordance with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National School Lunch Program guidelines and will be reimbursed by the USDA through the Illinois State Board of Education.
The Wood-Grove Feeding Our Future Cooperative is intended for children ages 0-18 who reside within District 99, 58 and 68 boundaries. To receive a meal, please arrive at any of the designated locations below and specify how many children are in your family. Children are also permitted to pick up meals on their own.
If you drive to pick up your meals, please remain in your vehicle and wait for a staff member to assist you. If you walk up to pick up meals, please walk to the designated entrance and wait outside for a staff member to bring you meals.
Meals will be provided on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations:
- Edgewood Elementary School, 7900 Woodridge Drive, Woodridge
- Emerald Court Apartments, 2472 Emerald Court, Woodridge – Leasing Center
- Goodrich Elementary School, 3450 Hobson Road, Woodridge
- Henry Puffer Elementary School, 2220 Haddow Ave., Downers Grove
- Herrick Middle School, 4435 Middaugh Ave., Downers Grove
- Highland Elementary School, 3935 Highland Ave., Downers Grove
- John L. Sipley Elementary School, 2806 83rd St., Woodridge
- Kingsley Elementary School, 6509 Powell St., Downers Grove
- Meadowview Elementary School, 2525 Mitchell Drive, Woodridge
- O’Neill Middle School, 635 59th St., Downers Grove
- Waterbury Court Apartments, Woodridge – Management Office
- William F. Murphy Elementary School, 7700 Larchwood Lane, Woodridge
- Woodridge Club Condominiums, Woodridge – Country Club Drive & Woodward Drive
Meals will be provided on Tuesdays and Fridays during shortened hours, which vary by the following locations:
- Townhomes at Highcrest, Woodridge – Pool Area 11-11:30 a.m.
- Eagle Creek Apartments, Westmont – Clubhouse – 11-11:30 a.m.
- Windsor Lakes Apartments, Woodridge – Leasing Office 11-11:45 a.m.
- Dynasty Pointe Apartments, Woodridge – Apple Lane & Woodward Drive 11 a.m.-Noon
- Haven Woodridge, Woodridge – Leasing Office 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Willow West Apartments, Westmont – 65th Street & Willow Lane 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Prentiss Creek Apartments, Downers Grove – Main Office Noon-1 p.m.
- Golf Meadows Estates Apartments, Woodridge – Country Club Drive & Woodward Drive Noon-1 p.m.
- The Villages of Greene Valley, Woodridge – Pool/Clubhouse 12:30-1 p.m.
- Westmont Village Apartments, Westmont – Leasing Center 12:30-1 p.m.
For questions, please reach out to the following contact at your specific District.
- District 58: Please email Manager of Business Services Katie Hannigan at email@example.com.
- District 68: Please email Assistant Superintendent for Business Services/CSBO Curtis Saindon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District 99: Please email email@example.com, or call your home school (630-795-8400 for North High and 630-795-8500 for South High); they will be open between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
We are committed to continuing to serve those who are in need of meals during this time of uncertainty.