Apply to be a substitute:
District 58 seeks substitute teachers, nurses, instructional assistants, secretaries and custodians.
Substitute teacher applicants must hold a valid substitute license or teacher’s license. Substitute nurse applicants must hold an active RN or LPN license, as well as a valid substitute license.
District 58 substitute teachers, nurses, instructional assistants and secretaries generally work from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Half-day subs work from 8 a.m. to 11:55 a.m. or 11:56 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. District 58 substitute custodians work varied shifts, depending on the position needing to be filled. Learn more information, including substitute pay rates, at http://dg58.org/substitute-information/.
To apply to be a substitute, please complete the following three steps:
- Fill out the online substitute application at www.dg58.org/employment.
- Substitute teachers, nurses, instructional assistants and secretaries should complete the “Substitute Application.” Substitute nurses, instructional assistants and secretaries may skip questions specific to teaching.
- Substitute custodians should fill out the “Substitute Part-time Custodian” application linked in the “Maintenance/Custodial” category.
- Complete all substitute paperwork and obtain a background check and fingerprinting through the DuPage Regional Office of Education. Paperwork and background check information are available on the Substitute Information page at http://dg58.org/substitute-information/. Please submit all paperwork and original background check results to the District 58 Administrative Service Center, 1860 63rd St., Downers Grove, IL 60516.
- Once the online application and all paperwork are submitted, substitute teacher, nurse, instructional assistant and secretary applicants will receive an email from Infinitec with mandatory online substitute training. Substitute custodian applicants will not be required to take the Infinitec training.
After the above three steps are complete, applicants will be added to the District 58 substitute list.
For more information about substitute positions at District 58, please visit the Substitute Information page at http://dg58.org/substitute-information/ or contact Doris Chlapecka, receptionist, at 630-719-5800.
Apply to be a lunchroom supervisor:
El Sierra, Henry Puffer, Highland, Indian Trail, Lester, Pierce Downer and Whittier schools are hiring lunchroom supervisors for the 2019-20 school year.
Individuals interested in applying for or learning more about this job should call or visit El Sierra, Henry Puffer, Highland, Indian Trail, Lester, Pierce Downer or Whittier’s front office during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). School phone numbers/addresses are available at www.dg58.org.
Applicants will receive a lunchroom supervisor application, W-4s, an I-9 verification form, an employee statement and a physical fitness form. Other forms may be required as well, depending on the school. Upon completion of these forms, applicants will schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted.
Please contact the individual school with any questions related to lunchroom supervisor job applications.