Thank you for your 475 combined years of service to our community!
Gallery features photos from the 2018 Board of Education Retiree Luncheon.
Downers Grove Grade School District 58 congratulates its 21 employees who will retire this school year. Together, this group has provided District 58 with 475 years of dedicated service. District 58 thanks its retirees for their numerous contributions and hard work, and wishes them the best in all their future endeavors!
District 58 employees retiring during the 2017-18 school year:
(Includes all staff who retired/will retire between July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018)
- Lori Baum, Henry Puffer speech therapist, 34 years
- William Kilgore, Herrick physical education teacher, 34 years
- Ken Young, District director of buildings and grounds, 33 years
- Jill Oakley, Belle Aire second grade teacher, 32 teachers
- Jean Schue, El Sierra physical education teacher, 32 years
- Patricia Cepeda, District behavior specialist, 29 years
- Desmond Jones, O’Neill social studies teacher, 23 years
- Judith LeFevour, Hillcrest instructional assistant, 23 years
- Mary Lynn O’Kelly, Pierce Downer instructional assistant, 23 years
- Sheila Pollock-Bowlin, District Business Office secretary, 23 years
- Nancy Michalek, Herrick secretary, 22 years
- Debra Thompson, Belle Aire instructional assistant, 22 years
- Ruta Koncius, Indian Trail English language learner teacher, 21 years
- Lorie Pilster, District director of business services, 19 years
- Bev West, O’Neill English language arts teacher, 19 years
- Linda Burkhardt, O’Neill resource teacher, 18 years
- Janet Brahm, Highland instructional assistant, 17 years
- Colleen Wolf, Lester instructional assistant, 16 years
- Deb Tenerelli, El Sierra instructional assistant, 13 years
- Marilyn Ludwig, District payroll bookkeeper, 12 years
- Kris Krumwiede, Hillcrest second grade teacher, 10 years
On Friday, May 25, the Board of Education hosted a Retiree Luncheon to celebrate this year’s retirees. Principals and administrators shared insights about each retiree and their impact on District 58. The retirees also talked about their time with District 58.