Downers Grove Grade School District 58 is proud of the many students who submitted entries to the 2018 Illinois Young Authors’ Conference Contest! This annual writing program invited students to write an original story and submit it to their classroom teacher. Each school selected one manuscript to be featured at the Illinois Young Authors’ Conference on Saturday, May 19 at Normal Community West High School in Normal, Illinois. The conference is co-sponsored by the Illinois Reading Council and the Illinois Language and Literacy Council.
During the upcoming Illinois Young Authors’ Conference, children will be able to share their stories with renowned authors, educators and other Illinois Young Author school representatives.
In addition, all manuscripts will be on display at the Downers Grove Public Library’s Junior Room for viewing now through Monday, April 9. They will also be on display during the regular Board of Education meeting on April 9 at 7 p.m.
Congratulations to all students selected to attend the Illinois Young Authors’ Conference!
- Thora Askeland, Belle Aire, “Diary of a Cat”
- Colin Walker, El Sierra, “The Whole Story of Colin’s Broken Leg”
- Lexey Wiggins, Fairmount, “Forgiveness”
- Keya Gupta, Highland, “The Spelling Bee Dilemma”
- Sofia R. Pieranunzi, Hillcrest, “Night Falls”
- Riley Prince, Henry Puffer, “The Lucky Flower”
- Kimmy Torres, Indian Trail, “The Apprentice’s Games”
- Emilia Galdun, Kingsley, “The Sea Serpents and their Epic Adventure”
- Eden McDonald, Lester, “Eden’s Basics to Dragons”
- Liv Balicki, O’Neill, “Ride”
- Audrey Slavkin, Pierce Downer, “Stuck on Juava Macha”
- Amelia Passero, Whittier, “Sun and the Shadows”
Note: Herrick did not receive any Young Authors’ Conference Contest entries this year.