Downers Grove Grade School District 58 looks forward to welcoming K-8 students and families on the first day of school, Thursday, Aug. 22. The first day of school will be a full day. Preschool students will start Friday, Aug. 23. To help families prepare, here is some helpful back to school information!
- AM Preschool: 8:50-11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
- PM Preschool: 12:30-3:10 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Kindergarten: 8:15-11:20 a.m., Monday through Friday
- Grades 1-6 and Kindergarten with OKEEP: 8:15 a.m.-2 p.m. on Monday and 8:15 a.m.-3 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday
- Grades 7-8: 8:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. on Monday and 8:30 a.m.-3:17 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday. Early Bird classes (band, choir and orchestra) will take place from 7:45-8:25 a.m. Monday-Friday.
View the 2019-20 calendar. New this year: The 2019-20 calendar includes a 2 p.m. early dismissal for students in grades K-8 on Mondays to provide teachers with 1.5 hours of weekly professional development time. Learn more here.
Curriculum Night is a time for parents to meet as a group with their children’s teachers to learn about the curriculum for the various grade levels and ask questions. This provides an excellent opportunity for parents and teachers to begin working together on behalf of the students.
- Wednesday, Sept. 4:
- O’Neill: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept 5
- Belle Aire: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Highland: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Henry Puffer: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Lester: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Pierce Downer: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Whittier: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Grove Children’s Preschool at Indian Trail: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 10
- El Sierra: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Fairmount: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Hillcrest: 5:30-7:10 p.m.
- Indian Trail: 6-7:45 p.m.
- Kingsley: 6-7:45 p.m.
- Herrick 8th Grade: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Grove Children’s Preschool at Henry Puffer: 6-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 12
- Herrick Seventh Grade: 6-7:30 p.m.
2019-20 School Supply Lists
View school supply lists for each school and grade.
Please click the below links to view bus routes for the 2019-20 school year.
- Indian Trail
- Henry Puffer
- El Sierra
- Belle Aire
Health Examination and Immunization Requirements
View student health examination and immunization requirements. There are specific requirements for students entering preschool, kindergarten, second grade and sixth grade, as well as for all new students.
Most District 58 schools are not fully air conditioned. To ensure students, staff and visitors keep safe in the August and September heat, schools enact several heat relief measures and encourage students to bring a water bottle to school. Learn more.
Schools of 58 Parent Handbook
Families, please read the 2019-20 Schools of 58 Handbook. It is important to annually review this handbook to understand District 58’s procedures. Parents who requested a paper copy (during registration) will receive it at Curriculum Night.
Learn more about District 58 student registration. Plus, access the below links to pay fees.
Before and After School Care
District 58 contracts with Champions to provide before- and after-school care at all District 58 elementary schools.
Several other area childcare providers offer before-and-after-school pickup and drop-off services. Please contact your child’s elementary school for details.
Visit the Parent Resources page to access information regarding communications, fees and fee waivers, student accident insurance and more.
District 58 will email elementary parents their child’s teacher assignment after 4 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 19. Middle school students will receive their class schedules during locker setup night on Aug. 20.
Kindergarten parents and new families can learn additional information about the District 58 experience at www.dg58.org/kindergarten.