District 58 administers a variety of community surveys each year. The District’s administrators, principals and school improvement teams use the results to help guide improvements to both the District and individual schools.
2017-18 Survey Results:
In December 2017, District 58 administered its School Environment Survey to parents and the state’s 5Essentials Survey to teachers and fourth-through-eighth grade students. We posted the results of the parent survey below. 5Essentials will publish the teacher and student survey results later this year. The 5Essentials survey results will become part of the 2018 Illinois State Report Card for each school.
District 58 administrators, principals and school leadership teams use survey results to guide district and school improvement efforts. This report includes both aggregate quantitative data as well as open-ended responses.
- 2017-18 – School Environment Survey Results – Parents – English
- 2017-18 – School Environment Survey Results – Parents – Spanish
The District’s current Strategic Plan (from 2011) identified student well-being and social-emotional learning as a priority. To that end, the District 58 School Environment Survey polls parents on the District’s progress in this area. Once the 5Essentials data is released, the District will review survey findings with the Board of Education. At first glance, the 2017-18 parent survey revealed:
- 94 percent* said their child feels his/her teacher really cares about him/her. (93 percent in 2016)
- 95 percent believe their school is a supportive and inviting place for students. (94 percent in 2016)
- 93 percent believe they have sufficient opportunities to communicate with their child’s teachers. (93 percent in 2016)
- 89 percent believe their child is getting a quality education. (91 percent in 2016)
- 95 percent said that adults at this school believe that their child can be a success (94 percent in 2016)
- 91 percent said that their child’s school focuses on teaching the whole child, including social and emotional skills (92 percent in 2016)
* Based on parents who answered “Always” or “Usually” to survey questions
2016-17 Survey Results:
Please view the results of District 58’s surveys below. The District administered these surveys in November and December 2016.
- 2016-17 – School Environment Survey – Parents – English
- 2016-17 School Environment Survey – Parents – Spanish
- 2016-17 – School Environment Survey – Students in grades 3-5
- 2016-17 – 5Essentials Survey – Students in grades 6-8 and all teachers (type in individual school names in search bar)
2015-16 Survey Results:
District and school teams are using these survey results in their ongoing district and school improvement planning efforts for the upcoming school year.
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Parents – English
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Parents – Spanish
District 58 administered its annual School Environment Survey of students in grades 3-8 during April 2016.
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Students in grades 3-6
- 2015-16 School Environment Survey – Students in grade 7-8
- 2015-16 District Reporting Systems Survey – English
- 2015-16 District Reporting Systems Survey – Spanish
- Board of Education Spotlight on Community Surveys – September 2015
- 2014-15 School Environment Survey (Grades 3-5)
- 2014-15 School Environment Survey (Parents)
- 2014-15 School Environment Survey (Parents – Spanish)
- 2014-15 5Essentials Survey (Grades 6-8 and Staff) 5Essentials survey results are reported by school only, not by district. Click this link, select a school, and then click on “School Environment” to view results.