Social workers are present in every building and work within school systems to provide services to students to enhance their social, emotional well-being and improve their academic performance.
Social workers provide supports with a 3-tiered model through the classroom, small groups and individual work with students. School support personnel determine the level of services appropriate for each student. The focus is centered on the the State of Illinois Social Emotional Learning standards.
If you are concerned about the social emotional or behavioral functioning of your child please visit your school’s website for further contact information.
If you are in crisis, concerned about your safety or the safety of others, please call 911.
Model of Social Work Service Priorities:
- Emergency/crisis intervention
- Referral to outside agencies
- Program development
- Liaison work
- Staff in-service
- Classroom intervention
- Group work with parents or students
- Individual counseling with parents or students
Local Community Resources and Important Links:
Below you will find a link to the various resources available in Illinois and specifically, DuPage County.
- Department of Human Services
- DuPage County Health Department
- SASED – County Education Cooperative
- Downers Grove Township
- Downers Grove Police
- Autism Resources
- Community House-Autism
- Fish Food Pantry
- Center for Family Change
- Downers Grove Counseling
- Comprehensive Counseling Services
- Buddy’s Place- GRIEF program for kids and families
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Resource
- Hinsdale Therapy Group
Below you will find links to various national organizations.
- National Organization for Parents of Children in Special Education
- Erika’s Lighthouse-depression
- Down Syndrome Resource
- GLBTQ Resource
- Suicide Prevention
Social-Emotional Learning Curricula
Below you will find important links related to curricula in District 58.