The Reaching Independence through Structured Education, or RISE, Program offers an education experience customized for students affected by autism spectrum disorders. For example, the program:
- employs staff with strong experience teaching students with autism to meet their individual needs and promote their independence.
- supports students through a team approach to teach the whole child.
- meets each student’s social, sensory, academic and communication needs.
- collaborates with families and outside services to better support each child.
- uses organized, research-based strategies, as well as a data-driven environment that supports decision-making.
The RISE Program is located at Indian Trail School. During the 2017-18 school year, the program is available for preschool through second graders. This program will grow by one grade level every school year.