Welcome to the District 58 Special Services Department!
The Special Services Department provides a continuum of special education services and programs; screenings and evaluations; and the gold-rated Grove Children’s Preschool program. The department also offers support services for preschool children who may be at-risk for future academic difficulties due to cultural and/or socio-economic factors. The goal of the Special Services Department is to help all of DG58’s children to achieve academically, develop socially and emotionally, and become independent, life-long learners.
- Review the Special Services Department’s programs and services.
- Learn official eligibility categories established by federal guidelines for Special Services.
- View frequently asked questions about Special Services.
- Learn about Building Bridges, the parent/teacher group for families of children with special needs.
- Visit our cooperative special education partner, SASED’s, website.
Students with disabilities who do not qualify for an individualized education program under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act may qualify for services of Section 504 of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 if the student (i) has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, (ii) has a record of a physical or mental impairment, or (iii) is regarded as having a physical or mental impairment.
Questions about the identification, assessment and placement of students should be directed to Assistant Superintendent for Special Services Jessica Stewart at 630-719-5823. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us by email or phone.
- Jessica Stewart, Assistant Superintendent for Special Services, 630-719-5823, email@example.com (general questions and issues)
- Maria Pascarella, Special Programs Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (specific program questions)
- Cindy Gilbert, Administrative Assistant, 630-719-5824, email@example.com (special transportation)
- Doris Chlapecka, Administrative Assistant, 630-719-5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org (preschool screening scheduling)
- Jackelyn Cadard, Preschool Coordinator, 630-968-0454 or email@example.com (preschool questions)