Herrick Middle School was built in 1953 and named Herrick Junior High School as a memorial to William Herrick in honor of his service on the school board for over thirty years. Additions were added in 1955, 1962, 1967, 1993, and 2005 to keep up with residential growth. The school was renamed Herrick Middle School in 1993 and now holds over 600 seventh and eighth graders and 80 faculty and staff members. Students from Belle Aire, Henry Puffer, Highland, part of Hillcrest, Lester, Pierce Downer, and Whittier elementary schools all attend Herrick Middle School for seventh and eighth grade. Herrick students then move onto Downers Grove North High School upon completion of eighth grade. A map of Herrick’s attendance area is listed below.