Financial Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule
| 2018-19 Financial Advisory Committee
Darren Hughes – Chair – School Board Member
Steve Olczyk – School Board Member
Allen Altic – Community Member
Dr. Kevin Russell – Superintendent
Todd Drafall – Assistant Superintendent for Business/CSBO
Matt Durbala – Middle School Principal
Greg Frer – Community Member
Katie Hannigan – Manager of Business Services
Randy Hoppe – Community Member
Darren Hughes – School Board Member
Katie Maffei – Community Member
Christine Collins – Elementary Principal
Geoff Neustadt – Asst Director of Buildings & Grounds
Cynthia Pietrucha – Community Member
Brian Riegler – Community Member
Jeff Riemer – Community Member
Jason Suchy – DGCMA Rep
Andrew Schmidt – DGEEA Rep
Jim Swider – Community Member
Agendas are now available in BoardDocs.
Sept. 6, 2019
Charge – The FAC shall:
- Operate in an advisory capacity, not in a decision making role.
- Review monthly financial reports and monitor revenues and expenses for compliance with the budget as adopted.
- Review the year end audited financial statements and later report to the full Board of Education.
- Review and make comments with respect to the proposed annual budget as it aligns to district policies. Such review and comments shall consider and include an evaluation of the total revenue available for district expenditures.
- Assist in the development of monthly reports for BOE and administration use.
- Consider long range capital improvement programs and make suggestions.
- Facilitate cooperation and communication regarding financial affairs between the schools/school district and the community.
- Report to the Board of Education at the regularly scheduled board meetings and to have input at any Budget/Financial workshops.
- Items outside of the committee’s scope would include curriculum matters, labor negotiations, personnel issues, etc.
- Meeting dates are at the discretion of the committee chair, typically, monthly on a Monday at 7:00 a.m. at the ASC.
- Meetings of the FAC shall be open to the public and all minutes of said meetings shall be made available to the public.
Membership – (15 to 19)
- Assistant Superintendent for Business/Controller – 1
- School Board Member (Including chair) – 2
- Principal – 2
- Representatives from the employee unions – 3
- Citizens/Parents – 7 to 12
- From time to time other Assistant Superintendents or Directors may be invited to participate depending on the meeting agenda.
- FAC members should possess;
- An interest in financial issues as they affect the district.
- A background in finance, accounting, business, communications and or human resources.
- An open mind and willingness to learn.
- A desire to further the success of the students and families served by Downers Grove Grade School District 58.
Terms for Citizen/Parent members – Members will serve staggered two year terms. The Board of Education reserves the right to remove any member and may remove a committee member who fails to attend 3 consecutive scheduled meetings. The removed member will be replaced by a Board of Education appointment.
Budget – The Board of Education shall budget funds for the operation of the FAC including at least supplies and materials for preparing and distributing minutes and reports.