As a courtesy to our community partners in education, we will allow relevant information to be shared with our students and their families via our online e-flyer distribution system, provided it falls within the criteria outlined in our policy.
Our policy states that community, educational, charitable, recreational, or similar groups may ask for permission to have flyers distributed to our families. Flyers accepted for posting and distribution via our e-flyer system must originate from a non-profit organization within district boundaries, be sponsored by a group whose primary purpose includes the welfare of students in the district, and/or be raising funds for one or more District 58 schools. Organizations may request approval of flyer postings no more than once per month. Flyers are approved twice per month, on the 15th and last day of the month (or the following Monday, if that date falls on a weekend). Flyers received after noon on these dates will be reviewed on the following approval date. Submitted organizations will be notified whether their flyer has been approved for posting on our e-flyer page.
When new flyers are posted for viewing, parents receive an e-mail alert via our parent notification system. This e-mail provides a link to the e-flyer page, as well as individual links to newly posted flyers. For families without Internet access, a limited number of flyers are available at individual schools. Information from our teachers, principals, PTAs, administration and Education Foundation may still be sent home in paper format, as well as being posted online.
Organizations wishing to post a flyer on our Web site must submit a request. Please e-mail a .pdf of the flyer you would like to distribute to email@example.com.
Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2017
- Parent Education Night: Overcoming Academic Procrastination – Jan. 26 from 7-8:30 p.m. at Herrick
- Are you a tech savvy girl? You will when you sign up for this one-day STEM camp!
- Who makes the best pizza in the community? Join the Pizza Wars Jan. 19 to decide!
- Darien Woman’s Club presents the Children’s Clothing Resale on March 18
- Midwestern University hosts a Snow Day with games and treats on Saturday, Jan. 21
- Roadrunners Soccer Club announces spring tryout schedule/comedy show
- Northwestern hosts School Days game on Feb. 18
- FROG presents winter 2017 Super Saturday Enrichment Classes beginning Jan. 28
- Enter the Downers Grove Public Library’s Bookmark Contest
- Butterfield Park District hosts Daddy Daughter Soiree on Feb. 3
- Know an amazing teacher? Nominate him or her for DGJWC’s Outstanding Teacher Award by Feb. 1!
- Enter the DGJWC’s Junior High Art Contest now through Feb. 1 morning!
- Junior Athena Winter Dance Camp is Feb. 24
- Tivoli and AlphaBet Soup Productions will present The Snow Queen on Feb. 10-11
- Teen “Grit” Arts Group is forming, will start Feb. 9
- GO Explore!: A new program for girls in 6th-8th grades; Informational meeting is Jan. 17
- Mindfulness, art therapy and social skills classes for children