As a courtesy to our community partners in education, we will allow relevant information to be shared with our students and their families via our online e-flyer distribution system, provided it falls within the criteria outlined in our policy.
Our policy states that community, educational, charitable, recreational, or similar groups may ask for permission to have flyers distributed to our families. Flyers accepted for posting and distribution via our e-flyer system must originate from a non-profit organization within district boundaries, be sponsored by a group whose primary purpose includes the welfare of students in the district, and/or be raising funds for one or more District 58 schools. Organizations may request approval of flyer postings no more than once per month. Flyers are approved twice per month, on the 15th and last day of the month (or the following Monday, if that date falls on a weekend). Flyers received after noon on these dates will be reviewed on the following approval date. Submitted organizations will be notified whether their flyer has been approved for posting on our e-flyer page.
When new flyers are posted for viewing, parents receive an e-mail alert via our parent notification system. This e-mail provides a link to the e-flyer page, as well as individual links to newly posted flyers. For families without Internet access, a limited number of flyers are available at individual schools. Information from our teachers, principals, PTAs, administration and Education Foundation may still be sent home in paper format, as well as being posted online.
Organizations wishing to post a flyer on our Web site must submit a request. Please e-mail a .pdf of the flyer you would like to distribute to email@example.com.
March 15, 2017
- DGFD invites families to Passport to Safety Day & Wheely Big Trucks on April 8
- League of Women Voters will host School Board Candidate Open House on March 25
- Building Bridges and the PTA Council Author Fest welcome special guest speakers on April 19
- The Education Foundation and DG Junior Woman’s Club will host a Craft Fair on April 29
- O’Neill invites community to their spring musical, Madagascar, Jr., on March 20-21
- Kingsley PTA invites community to Toy, Sport & Baby Equipment Resale April 8-9
- Downers Grove Roadrunners offers free clinics for players and coaches
- Participate in the Level Up Cares 3v3 Basketball Tournament, benefiting Seaspar
- Panther Junior Football & Cheer opens registration (save $100 registering by March 18)
- Downers Grove North Basketball holds 2017 Spring Skills Development camp starting March 22
- Downers Grove South Key Club hosts Mustang Trot 5K Run/Walk on April 9
- Bentley Academy of Irish Dance will host information event on March 25
- Breakaway Basketball offers children’s basketball clinics
- Salt Creek Ballet shares girl scout badge opportunities
- Illinois Girls Lacrosse Association Downers Grove offers spring league and clinics
- Alder Grove Counseling offers spring children’s art therapy workshop and social skills groups
- The Sandwich Generation Series: Parenting Our Children and Our Parents
- Butterfield Park District March School Newsletter
- Morton Arboretum shares Summer Science Camp information
- Local writer Mary Jo Campbell holds Young Writers’ Spring Camp
Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2017
- The El Sierra PTA will host fun Family Feud fundraiser on March 3
- Enter the 2017 Kane-DuPage Soil & Water Stewardship Poster Contest; Entry form.
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital presents free lecture on Heart Health for Young Athletes
- LEHSO will host Children’s Clothing & Toy Resale March 11
- Downers Grove Park District shares March/April events and activities
- University of Illinois Extension holds Spring Break STEM series
- Downer Grove New Wave Lacrosse kicks off spring league
- Now enrolling: Yomechas Guides and Princesses
- Amalgam Martial Academy now open, offers free trial class
Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017
- Blessings in a Backpack will host a District 58 fundraiser March 8 at Emmett’s
- Support the Grove Foundation – Join Passport to Dining on March 2!
- Downers Grove Public Library’s Annual Bookmark Contest will conclude Feb. 17; Bookmark Contest entry form
- Cheer on your favorite middle school at the Downers Grove Crosstown Classic Feb. 25
- DGS hosts annual Daddy Daughter Dance March 18
- DGN hosts Girls Basketball skills development camp starting March 22; DGN Football hosts youth football clinic April 23
- Children’s Spring Resale to be held March 11 at the DuPage County Fairgrounds
- Sellers wanted for the Children’s Resale at Schiesher School March 11
- Learn more about the new Bentley Academy of Irish Dance at open house on March 25
- Joga Bonito Soccer – Spring Soccer Academy starts April 3
- Butterfield Park District shares upcoming children’s events
- Register for the 2017 season of Panther Junior Football and Cheer
- Hornet Swim Club will hold tryouts Feb. 28
- Rock Academy enrolling students for music classes
- Downers Grove Junior Sabres Hockey shares spring hockey classes
Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017
- Which teachers and staff will face the Harlem Wizards on Feb. 12? View this flyer to find out!
- HGNA will host “Men’s Work – Finding a Balance” on Feb. 13
- Will your child enter kindergarten this fall? Attend Kindergarten Readiness Night on Feb. 6
- Downtown Downers Grove invites the community to Ice Fest Feb. 10-12
- Kingsley PTA hosts Toy, Sport & Baby Equipment Resale April 8-9; Seller signups start Feb. 8
- Building Bridges Parent/Teacher Group welcomes guest speaker during Feb. 1 meeting
- Downers Grove North camps: DGN hosts boys baseball skills camp for boys in grades 5-8; DGN hosts girls basketball spring skills camp for girls in grades 4-8
- Roadrunners Soccer Club hosts free indoor soccer clinic Feb. 26; Plus, view team tryout schedule (Note: Team tryout schedule reflects updates.)
- DuPage Children’s Museum shares February-March activities calendar
- Upcoming programs and events at the YMCA
- Registration now open for Yomechas Guides & Princesses
- DG Friends of the Gifted (FRoG) invites families to a Summer Camp Fair on Feb. 25
- Glenbard South hosts 3-on-3 basketball tournament on March 11-12; More information.
- Oak Brook Swim & Tennis Club announces summer camps for kids
Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2017
- Parent Education Night: Overcoming Academic Procrastination – Jan. 26 from 7-8:30 p.m. at Herrick
- Are you a tech savvy girl? You will when you sign up for this one-day STEM camp!
- Who makes the best pizza in the community? Join the Pizza Wars Jan. 19 to decide!
- Darien Woman’s Club presents the Children’s Clothing Resale on March 18
- Midwestern University hosts a Snow Day with games and treats on Saturday, Jan. 21
- Roadrunners Soccer Club announces spring tryout schedule/comedy show
- Northwestern hosts School Days game on Feb. 18
- FROG presents winter 2017 Super Saturday Enrichment Classes beginning Jan. 28
- Enter the Downers Grove Public Library’s Bookmark Contest
- Butterfield Park District hosts Daddy Daughter Soiree on Feb. 3
- Know an amazing teacher? Nominate him or her for DGJWC’s Outstanding Teacher Award by Feb. 1!
- Enter the DGJWC’s Junior High Art Contest now through Feb. 1 morning!
- Junior Athena Winter Dance Camp is Feb. 24
- Tivoli and AlphaBet Soup Productions will present The Snow Queen on Feb. 10-11
- Teen “Grit” Arts Group is forming, will start Feb. 9
- GO Explore!: A new program for girls in 6th-8th grades; Informational meeting is Jan. 17
- Mindfulness, art therapy and social skills classes for children