Do you know a District 58 employee who truly goes above and beyond? Please consider nominating that individual for a Distinguished Service Award! The Education Foundation of Downers Grove District 58 annually hosts the free Distinguished Service Awards program to recognize the remarkable contributions of District 58 employees. View DSA frequently asked questions and the DSA nomination form below.
Any District 58 staff member, parent, student or community member may nominate a District 58 employee for a Distinguished Service Award. The nominee should be an individual who:
- Consistently performs above and beyond the scope of job duties
- Positively affects children in a significant manner
- Has a sustained dedication to the education of children
- Cares about the child as a whole person
- Has earned the respect of his/her peers and superiors
- Serves as a good role model to other district employees
Nominees must work at least 20 hours per week. They must have worked at least one full school year at District 58.
DSA Co-Chairs Mia Churma and Elena Falco
c/o Administrative Service Center
1860 63rd St.
Downers Grove, IL 60516
If you choose to mail your application, please send it early to ensure its timely arrival. Late nominations will not be considered.
The Foundation will celebrate this year’s DSA nominees an announce the DSA winners at a ceremony on Monday, May 4.
The Education Foundation is proud that its Distinguished Service Award program has grown tremendously over the years; last year a record 44 staff members were nominated! The Foundation wishes to honor each nominee while also respecting everyone’s time. As such, the Foundation will institute these new DSA award procedures:
- All staff who receive a DSA nomination will be invited to the ceremony, along with their nominator. They will be recognized by name during the ceremony and featured in the DSA nominee video. They also will receive a nominee award.
- Prior to the DSA ceremony, the Foundation will announce this year’s DSA finalists, or the staff members who received the strongest DSA nomination essays, according to the DSA Review Committee. An exact number of DSA finalists will be determined by the DSA Review Committee. All DSA finalists and their nominators will be invited to the DSA ceremony. They will be featured in the DSA nominee video and receive a finalist nominee award. In addition, their nominators will be asked to read their entire DSA essay to the audience.
- At the DSA ceremony’s conclusion, the Foundation will award the 2020 Distinguished Service Award to two District 58 employees: one classroom teacher and one non-classroom teacher employee.
Learn more information about the Education Foundation at www.58foundation.org.