Congratulations to all Downers Grove Grade School District 58 students who participated in the 2017 Illinois Young Authors Conference Contest!
This annual writing program invited students to write an original story and submit it to their classroom teacher. Each school selected one manuscript to be featured at the Illinois Young Authors Conference on Saturday, May 20 at Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois. The conference is co-sponsored by the Illinois Reading Council and the Illinois Language and Literacy Council.
During the upcoming Illinois Young Authors Conference, children will be able to share their stories with renowned authors, educators and other Illinois Young Author school representatives.
In addition, all manuscripts will be on display during the Board of Education’s next regular business meeting, on Tuesday, April 11 at 7 p.m. at the Longfellow Center, 1435 Prairie Ave.
Congratulations to all students selected to attend the Illinois Young Authors Conference!
- Laynie Weber, Belle Aire, “A Dash of Hope”
- Kate Snouffer, El Sierra, “Airplanes, Cupcakes, and Ingredient Labels: Annoyance with Nut Allergies”
- Paul Spang and Evan Henderson, Fairmount, “Can You Survive the Jungle?”
- Carissa Blumka, Herrick, “A Rocky Trail to Adventure”
- Kyle Wilson, Highland, “Lacrosse Poems”
- Audrey Lee, Hillcrest, “Mindless”
- Russell Oros and Zander Yee, Henry Puffer, “Disaster and the Piggy Files”
- Sophie Martincic, Indian Trail, “Lavaleire”
- Noelle Mayer, Kingsley, “How Glitter Girl Defeated Her Greatest Enemies”
- Sara Zagorski, Lester, “In the Shadow of the Pyramid”
- Lily Myszak, O’Neill, “Bliss”
- Malini S. Fisher, Pierce Downer, “Middle Notes”
- Tyler Werner, Whittier, “The Perfect Match”