Imagination. Creativity. Teamwork. Innovation. These represent the pillars of the annual global Destination Imagination program, which encourages students to join teams and solve challenges related to STEM, fine arts and service learning. Several District 58 students teamed up to participate in the Destination Imagination regional tournament earlier this month. Six of these teams will advance to the state competition on April 8 in DeKalb.
Congratulations to the advancing teams!
- LMD – Improvisation Challenge – Whittier fifth graders
- Hubbujubs – Scientific Challenge – Whittier fifth graders
- DI Donuts – Fine Arts Challenge – Whittier sixth graders
- Mystical Marshmallow Sky-DI-vers – Engineering Challenge – Pierce Downer sixth graders and Herrick seventh graders
- Imaginative Dragons – Project Outreach Challenge – Whittier third graders
- Magic Seven – Improvisation Challenge – Whittier sixth graders
Thank you, District 58 PTAs, for coordinating these programs.