Five students receive Honorable Mentions at state level
The Illinois PTA Reflections art competition recently selected three District 58 students’ art projects to advance to the National PTA Reflections competition. The state competition also awarded five Honorable Mentions to District 58 students.
Reflections is a national PTA arts recognition and achievement program for students. Through Reflections, students in preschool through 12th grade are invited to submit works of art in six areas: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. The theme for the 2016-17 program is “What is Your Story?”
Congratulations to the three District 58 students who will advance to the national competition:
- Jacob Valadez, Fairmount: “What is My Story” in Dance Choreography
- Linnea Peckenpaugh, Lester: “Beautiful Things” in Music Composition
- Jaclyn Duellman, Herrick: “The Things That Speak” in Music Composition
These three students’ PTA Reflections’ projects will be featured among the top young artists in the country during the National PTA Reflections competition, which will take place in May 2017.
Congratulations to the five District 58 students who received Honorable Mentions at the state level:
- Reese Lingertot, Highland: “Dance to the Beat” in Dance Choreography
- Kira Bloomfield, Fairmount: “A Dancer’s Life” in Film Production
- Eliot Michaels, Herrick: “My Life in Six Words” in Film Production
- Ava Jarman, El Sierra: “Romantic Kayak” in Photography
- Alexandra Topor, Kingsley: “Super Sports Girl” in Visual Arts
Learn more about the PTA Reflections Program by visiting www.pta.org, hovering over the “At School” dropdown menu and selecting “Reflections Art Program.”
For more information, please contact Megan Hewitt, community relations coordinator, at 630-719-5805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.